Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lazy Days in Dijon

So today was a day free of any scheduled activities or excursions. Thus I promptly woke up so as to partake of the breakfast at the residence and then returned, just as promptly to bed for another couple hours. Later on, myself and my friend Alex, who also hails from UofL went on a short run to the french equivalent of a Wal-Mart for a supply of wine for the next couple nights. As it stands now, I believe the group is going to go out to the disoteque (club) later tonight and then tomorrow we find out where we placed with our french level on the exam. We'll get our schedules and then start classes on Monday. This weekend, it seems we might have a small group going over to Paris but we'll have to see what becomes of that. So far, Dijon is a beautiful city with excellent people, incredible food and some of the best wine in France, literally....it's known for it's wine. I feel I should tell a story from last night when we were at Flannerys Irish Pub. We were sitting there enjoying a nice glass of lager when this guy comes up and starts talking to us. Eventually, he sits down with us and buys us a huge thing of lager while we continue to talk and laugh together. We found out that he was from strasbourg but was in dijon for business. Anyway.....it was rather amusing. That's all for now. Hope all is well and I'll be uploading pictures soon so keep checking back. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandon, it all sounds very exciting and I wish Dan were here to know all about it. He would have enjoyed immensely, but how do I know, maybe he is enjoying it. Lady and I both miss you, but wish you much success. I know you will do well and learn much.

    Much love! Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Dijon

Dijon
Beautiful Reflection